Fri, May 05|
Instructor Led Virtual Classes
Mindfulness-Oriented Counselling & Psychotherapy (MOCP) Training Certification Course
An Intensive Programme for Psychotherapist Professional Development & Therapist-Client Wellbeing
Time & Location
May 05, 7:00 PM GMT+8
Instructor Led Virtual Classes
About the Event
“ You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf ” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness has a tremendous effect in promoting wellbeing and reducing stress, anxiety and other life challenges. Modern research has found that by practicing Mindfulness one can bring greater acceptance towards life experiences and awareness of the present moment without getting trapped in their negative thoughts about the past or anxieties of the future.
Mindfulness practices have become a source of much research and clinical applications across a wide swath of psychological therapies, approaches, and interventions. Increasingly, more and more mental health professionals are reading about the benefits their clients may experience if introduced to mindfulness practices as a complementary and integrative practice to their work. Here are a few of the many benefits as shown in research studies:
- Enhanced Wellbeing
- Higher Resiliency
- Improved Attention
- Increased Response Ability, Decreased Reactivity
- Improved Intrapersonal Functioning
- Improved Interpersonal Relationships
- Reduction in Stress
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression
The Centre for Mindfulness has collaborated with Holistic Psychotherapy Centre to launch this four month Mindfulness-Oriented Counselling and Psychotherapy (MOCP) Training Certification Course. We want to encourage and empower therapists to embrace mindfulness practices and approaches to create more self-presence and depth in their work with clients. Mindfulness helps psychotherapists and counsellors to cultivate self-compassion, relieve stress and burnout, increase in self and other acceptance, improved relaitonships and weather the often emotionally difficult work of providing therapy to clients.
“A presence oriented and self aware therapist is one of the best gifts any therapist can offer to their clients. We know that no tool, approach or theory can replace the therapeutic relationship we have with our client and this is the core of therapy. Mindfulness forms the foundation of that presence.” Dr Sunita Rai, Clinical & Counselling Psychologist and Certified Mindfulness Teacher (CMT-P), Founder of Holistic Psychotherapy Centre & Executive Director of Centre for Mindfulness
- Graduates of this course will be issued with the following certificate: Certified Mindfulness-Oriented Mental Health Professional.
- Please note that this certificate meets the partial requirement to join the Mindfulness Teacher Training Certification Course (IMTA Accredited) and you will be exempted from Module 1: Theory of Mindfulness.
- The programme is currently undergoing accreditation with CPD Standards Office - United Kingdom.
- Attended and completed an instructor led 8-week mindfulness course such as MBWE, MBSR, or MBCT amongst others. A certificate of completion/attendance will be required as part of application submission. If you have not yet completed the 8 week programme, you can sign up here for Mindfulness-Based Wellbeing Enhancement (MBWE).
- Have sustained a daily mindfulness practice.
- Has a minimum of a diploma or degree with instructor led classes (not pre-recorded) in social work, counselling, psychology, psychotherapy, psychiatry or related field. Your certificate will be required as part of the application submission.
What would be included in the course?
Participants will receive:
- Practitioner Journal
- Research Papers
- 6hrs of one-on-one Supervision
- Access to Awareness Space App for Mindfulness practices
Requirements to be Certified:
- Pass all the assessments for the modules which include research paper, lesson plan, multiple choice assessments, and peer evaluations amongst others.
- Complete 80% attendance for all modules over the 4 month Coursework
- Complete practicum for one-on-one therapy session with Mindfulness components
- Write a 3000 word self-reflection report on the practicum journey with case presentation, interventions, and session plans amongst others.
- Complete the practicum and self-reflection paper within the 1 year period from the start of the programme.
Certification is strictly for use in professional practice in mental health work. It does not certify you to conduct 8-week mindfulness courses or any other mindfulness related/based courses. If you wish to conduct 8-week mindfulness courses, kindly sign up for the Mindfulness Teacher Training course.
Phase 1 consists of coursework which includes Module 1 to 6. Upon completion of this modules, you will be issed with a Certificate of Attendance. Phase 2 consists of Module 7 - Practicum and is a requirement for certification.
- Module 1: Theory of Mindfulness*
- Module 2: A Mindful Therapist
- Module 3: Facilitating Mindfulness Practices
- Module 4: Session Planing
- Module 5: Mindfulness for Clinical Interventions
- Module 6: Mindfulness for Various Life Stages
- Module 7: Integration, Practicum and Supervision (Phase 2)
* Mindfulness Teachers who have completed the Mindfulness Teacher Training Certification (MTT) will be exempted from Module 1: Theory of Mindfulness.
- Credibility to use minfulness based interventions in therapy as an evidence-based practice
- Embody Mindfulness and Therapy as a whole being and person approach
- To be able to appreciate what Mindfulness is
- Able to clearly distinguish the differences in Mindfulness, Meditation & Therapy
- Comprehensive Self-Care programme
- Comprehensive and Integrative Client-Care and Therapy
- Deep understanding of the brain science of Mindfulness as a therapeutic intervention
- Able to introduce and use Mindfulness in culturally sensitive ways with a person-centred approach
- Empowered to use Mindfulness with clients with depression, anxiety, stress and many other challenges.
Who is this Programme for?:
Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists and Social Workers.
A) Dates (2023):
May: 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 30 (Break: 23 & 26 May)
June: 2, 6, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30 (Break: 9 & 13 June)
Jul: 4, 7, 18, 21, 25 (Break: 11, 14, 28 Jul)
Aug: 4, 8, 11, 22, 25, 29 (Break: 1, 15 & 18 Aug)
B) Time: 7.00pm-10.00pm
C) Mode: Instructor led live classes via Zoom
Course Fees (in Singapore Dollars)* The fee is split into two instalments:
- Phase 1: SGD$3,500 (Early bird fee if sign up by 15 March 2023); SGD$4,500 (Usual Price from 16 March 2023)
- Phase 2: SGD$1,000
About the Trainers:
- Dr Sunita Rai (PsyD, CMT-P): Clinical & Counselling Psychologist, Clinical Member & Registered Counsellor (RC), Clinical Supervisor, Certified Mindfulness Teacher and Coach (IMTA), Author
- Dr Kathirasan K (PhD, CMT-P): Managing Director & Founder, Certified Mindfulness Teacher and Coach (IMTA), Executive Coach, Mindfulness Supervisor, Author
- Dr Christopher Willard (PsyD): Clinical Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher, Author, Consultant
- Hernie Khames-Martin (CMT-P): Professional Counsellor, Expressive Therapist, Certified Mindfulness Teacher and Coach (IMTA)
- Dr Priya Fafat (CMT-P): Professional Counsellor, Certified Mindfulness Teacher and Coach (IMTA)
- Dr Richard Lim (PsyD): Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Member & Registered Counsellor (RC), SAC Clinical Supervisor
Submit the non-refundable application fee of SGD$50 via this EVENT page and submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application fee payment receipt
- Updated resume
- Certificate of Completion or a verification letter as an evidence of completion of an 8-week mindfulness course
- a 100 to 200 word personal statement about your intentions to join this certification programme
After the approval of your application, you will be sent the Phase 1 payment details.
Terms: Please note that we may cancel this course if we do not have sufficient sign ups. In such a case, you will receive a full refund.
+SGD 1.25 service fee
+SGD 1.25 service fee0