Mindfulness for Teenagers
Teenagers are nowadays experiencing huge pressure having to meet academic and social expectations while going through dramatic physical and mental changes. As they are in desperate need of self-care, mindfulness is emerging as the most effective practice promoting teens’ mental wellbeing.
This 4 weeks program is designed to teach teens mindfulness and give them practical tools that they can utilize under various stressful situations. Each class includes evidence-based secular mindfulness practices, mind-body connection practices, dynamic mindful movements, non-violent communication techniques, inquiries, art, mindfulness-based activities and games as well as individual and group discussions. The attention training will enable students to see where their attention is and to learn how to direct their attention to where they want it to be. Through the inquiries and reflections, students will learn the nature of their thoughts, thought processes and how attention can help to deal with the anxiety within them. This will help students recognize the voice of negative self-talk and move toward conscious choice-making to work with it. The program will also help teens learn how to connect with others and grow compassion within themselves as well as for others.
This program for teens will enhance concentration and focus, reduce stress and anxiety, develop physical and emotional awareness and promote mental wellbeing. Mindfulness practice is proven to produce following benefits for teens:
- Supports “readiness to learn”
- Promotes academic performance
- Strengthens attention and Self-Calming
- Reduces anxiety before examinations
- Promotes self-reflection and self-calming
- Improves classroom participation by supporting impulse control
- Provides tools to reduce stress
- Enhances social and emotional learning (SEL)
- Fosters pro-social behaviours and healthy relationships
- Supports mental wellbeing
What will the Participants receive?
- Mindfulness workbook
- MP3 files for practices