Duration of program
Maximum Workshop Size
Open to Public
This is a globally accredited Mindfulness Teacher Certification Course, registered with and accredited by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA). Graduates of this course will be eligible to receive a personal credential as a Certified Mindfulness Teacher - Professional Level (CMT-P). This credential will serve graduates for employment purposes and is the standard in the field.
This year-long program provides training, coaching, and supervision to those wishing
1. to incorporate mindfulness into their profession and to teach mindfulness with individuals, groups, communities, or organisations; and
2. to design and teach a 8 week evidence-based mindfulness course.
Successful completion of this program provides a document of completion as a Certified Mindfulness Teacher and Facilitator.
- To expand the availability of secular mindfulness training globally by training qualified individuals as mindfulness teachers and facilitators
- To provide participants with training and standards in teaching, designing and facilitating mindfulness programs
- To teach mindfulness skills and practices for workshops with individuals, groups, communities, organisations and others
- To support participants in embodying mindfulness and facilitating their personal understanding and practice of secular mindfulness
- To create a global community of certified and qualified mindfulness teachers and facilitators
You will be able to:
- Lead mindfulness classes for diverse populations, which you are familiar with or desire to share, such as corporate/business settings or educational settings.
- Lead mindfulness coaching classes for individuals
- Lecture or deliver a talk for the public, a professional community or people in your field
- Demonstrate competence in teaching, designing and facilitating mindfulness-based courses and workshops
- Articulate the professional and ethical standards of adherence for a mindfulness teacher
- Articulate and demonstrate relevant teaching skills including clear instructions, creating positive group learning environment, creating safety, managing challenges and difficulties of self and participants and being flexible in curriculum delivery.
- Demonstrate good relational skills when teaching and with fellow teachers.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop customised curriculum by target audiences, organising and evaluating teaching materials for individual and group settings.
- Demonstrate competence in understanding the theoretical knowledge of Mindfulness, experiential learning, relevant qualities and attitudes of a teacher
- Demonstrate responsive and flexible pacing to cover an appropriate curriculum, as well as holding a group learning environment and managing challenges and difficulties.
Why People Choose To Attend Our Mindfulness Teacher Training?
- - accredited programme by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association
- - learn to teach research, evidence-based and secular Mindfulness
- - an intensive and comprehensive 257 hour programme
- - the programme is designed based on the mindfulness teacher competencies of the Universities of Bangor, Exeter and Oxford.
- - develop facilitation skills unique to Mindfulness for leading groups and individual coaching
- - learn to integrate mindfulness into other professional disciplines
- - A minimum 2 years of regular mindfulness meditation practice
- - Attended an 8 Week Mindfulness Based Course like the MBSR, MBCT etc which should include the Day of Mindfulness/Silent retreat
- - Attended a 5-day or longer mindfulness meditation retreat with a qualified instructor, or before the completion of this Course
- - Submit evidence of completion of a 8 week mindfulness course with certificate of attendance together with your application
Phase 1: Coursework
In order to pass these modules, you would need to
- - have at least 80% attendance for each of the modules.
- - score at least 80% grade for multiple choice assessments
- - obtain a pass for Essays and Reports
- - achieve at least a competent level for Practical Demonstrations
- - complete reading and study assignments satisfactorily
Stage 2: Practicum & Supervision
You will be required to
- - attend and facilitate once a month mindfulness class (half-day) for 6 months upon completion of your coursework modules 1 to 7.
- - have at least 80% attendance for this module.
- - facilitate a 8 week Mindfulness-Based Wellbeing Enhancement (MBWE) workshop 1. for ONE GROUP of 4-8 people AND 2. for ONE INDIVIDUAL
- - achieve a competent level for Practicum Assessments
- - obtain a pass for Essays and Reports
Phases 1 and 2 must be completed within 12 months from the start of the course.
2) Mode of Delivery
a) Virtual Class: Modules 1 to 5 will be taught through virtual classrooms
b) Onsite Class: Modules 6 to 8 will be taught face to face (onsite)
c) Student Directed Learning: Modules 1 to 7 would have a student-directed learning component
3) Course Fee (in Singapore Dollars)*
The fee is split into two instalments
*Course fee includes all textbooks and reading materials. It excludes cost for practicum.
4) Steps to Apply
- - Application fee payment receipt
- - Updated resume
- - Certificate of Completion or a verification letter as an evidence of completion of an 8 week mindfulness class
- - a 100 to 200 word personal statement about your intentions to join this programme