In a very short time period, mindfulness practices have become a source of much research and clinical application across a wide swath of psychological therapies, approaches, and interventions. Increasingly, more and more therapists are reading about the benefits their clients may experiences if introduced to mindfulness practices as a complement to their work together.
At center for Mindfulness, our Mindfulness program forCounselors &Therapists encourages therapists to embrace mindfulness practice to create presence and depth in their work with clients. Mindfulness helps therapists and counselors to cultivate compassion, relieve stress, and weather the often emotionally difficult work of providing therapy.
Participants will be:
• Be able to appreciate what Mindfulness is
• Able to distinguish between Mindfulness & meditation
• Able to use it for their Self-Care
• Able to use it for their Client-Care.
• Exposed to some of the brain science validating Mindfulness as evidence-based practice.
• Able to introduce and use Mindfulness in culturally sensitive ways.
• Able to begin using Mindfulness with some clients.